Translate

Sunday, March 16, 2014

SnapShot

Almost done but not yet! Still working on the background...






How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
The project I am working on right now is not very unique but I am not copying anything either. Some unique ideas in my work is how I am painting the butterfly wing. By using a soft, large brush I painted on the yellow and white specks onto the wing. I did not come up with that idea but a girl in my class told me how to use the brush for the specks. By adding the white and yellow spots, my butterfly’s wing has texture and more detail then it had before. My personal style of painting is shown in this project, although I am still working on it!
Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?
They source I received the photo from was a nation geographic book but it didn’t inspire me, I just enjoy painting and butterflies are the most amazing bug. The project I am working on right now was more of working on my skills not producing a piece for the project we are doing in class currently. The project we are working on next is change over time and I will be using watercolors not oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment