Tuesday, March 19, 2013


         This project was not as easy as I thought it would be at first, and after hours of hard work and persistence you finally get the result on the top right! We started in the media center and edited our photos on photo shop to get the desired colors and shapes. You had to mess with it at first because the colors would either made it more detailed or not enough color contrast. Then we printed the picture and connected it to the projector. That is when the real fun began!! After that we took three poster boards and taped them to the wall. The projector's role was to show the images' outline which you would trace one color layer at a time onto each individual poster board. Each student was then given an exact-o knife and cut out each individual nook and cranny of the stencil. That was hard work! For me the most challenging part was discovering what I was tracing during the projector stage and then what I was cutting out in the following stage. Once the stencils were cut out you had to be careful not to rip the stencil while I waited for the rest of the class to catch up to the stage I was at. The final and most exciting parts were painting our cardboard background and then spray painting the stencil with the colors onto the cardboard!! It was also pretty scary, because you had NO idea if your stencil would turn out to be a disaster or a work of art. Also the weather threatened to drench our posters and stencils or blow them away with the strong gusts of wind because we had to spray paint outside!! This project involved a lot of time and hard work but the end result was exciting and rewarding. My stencil is done of my grandparent’s new kitty Henry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment