Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Contour Shoe

          
          The contour line drawings improved my drawing skills by forcing our class to not pick up our pens, so we had to add the detail to the drawing before we moved onto the next section of the picture. When doing the contour line drawing we had to be very observant to detail and go slow because if you went too fast you would miss important detail. The contour line drawings were challenging because you often wanted to go back to a different section of you work but you couldn’t because your pen was stuck on the other side of the shoe. I would sometimes try to go back to other places on my shoe by sliding the pen lightly over the shoe; that is why in some portions the drawing was pretty dark. The biggest problem I ran into was that I draw fast, and the faster you go the smaller the shape of your shoe gets, so first I would start out life size but then I would get impatient and draw fast. As you could probably guess as soon as I started to draw fast, the shoe size shrunk and now my shoe is not proportionate!

No comments:

Post a Comment