Translate

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

What’s the Point?











1.      What where some of your solutions to What’s the Point?
Some of my solutions to what’s the point were a pencil point, and turtles. I tried the snapping turtle for a while but when I didn’t like the way it turned out I started to draw feathers. Since a quill has a “point” I started to draw a quill with swirls surrounding it. After a while the swirls progressed into roses, which have “pointy” thorns on them.   
2.      Which solution did you chose and why?
I chose the quill and the roses because I really like birds and I think their feathers look amazing. The quill also fit the description of “what’s the point” because it had a pointy tip. I wanted to choose something that was unique and that looked different from other peoples so I used the feather and roses.
      3.How did you show contrast in your work?
In my work I chose contrast by leaving large white spots and dark black spots on my work. To make where the background stops, I had to increase the dark streaks and swirls. In one of my first sketches, the background and foreground didn’t have a starting and stopping point.  
4.      What medium did you decide to use? Why did you choose this medium over the others?
The medium I used was the ink pen. I decided to use it over other mediums because it can make very consistent lines. The ink pen also allows you to cross hatch to make darker spots. Cross hatching was really important for this project because I had to have contrast with the black and white. When making the blacks and whites more obvious, other things like the small swirls stood out.  
5.      What techniques did you use to create this work?
The two techniques I used was cross hatching and contrast between the darks and the lights. Cross hatching and contrast caused the darks to be really dark and the lights to stand out even more. I had to keep adding more and more cross hatching to keep the shading and lights constant throughout the drawling.  
6.      Did you take any risks with this project?
The risks I took in this project were by adding the darks and the lights even more. At first I didn’t know if I should add color. I tested that out but soon realized the theme of the contrast faded when I added the reds and greens. For me, it was risky to keep adding more and more swirls to the drawling because I didn’t know if I took too much away from the

No comments:

Post a Comment