Translate

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Oil Paint Practice :)





Second apple 
first apple










Apple with palette knife




My experience with the apples was that the more white you add to the painting, the more of the true color you remove. So only add white to make the bright contrast and not try lighting the rest of your painting up with it.  With my other paintings I stayed away from the white until the very end and I think that made a big difference. I was overall not happy with my apples because of the scale of the canvas, and I put too much paint on the canvas. The scale was too small for me because I enjoy painting larger pieces not smaller. With smaller you’re forced to add really tiny detail and I like the make the bigger picture. The other problem I ran into was that I added too much paint which caused it to be difficult to blend things.

No comments:

Post a Comment