Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

Representational reflection drawing part: final post

 Final in the making...
Sketches, thumbnails (practices) and
figuring out where to put the grass.

Original photo

Through out this project, I learned how hard it is to color a picture! I used to think that color pencils were easy and not a big deal. Now, I have learned that I am incorrect! Color pencils are tricky but prism colors can make things look amazing!


Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
Through this project, I learned new techniques and ways to draw with prism color pencils. Mrs. Rossi taught me different ways of shading, like creating darkness without black. She also taught us how to add light to sections of our work to make the art work pop out of the page.  Drawling with prism colors requires patience and a lot of hard work; this project took me all week!
How is this artwork about who you are or what you like?
This art is about who I am because I love nature and getting out into the mountains and canyons! When we went to the Grand Canyon in 2010 with my grandparents, it made me appreciate all the beauty in nature that surrounds us every day that I sometimes don’t notice. The reflections in the water shows how high the canyon is surrounding the location of the photographer. To me this symbolizes that we are a small part of the bigger picture that we might not be seeing if we don’t look up!
Did you ask another student for feedback during your work process?
I had a lot of classmates helping me out during this long work process. Everyone at my table and in my class encouraged me throughout the way, making this project very enjoyable. It’s hard to appreciate your own work but when someone comes along and tells you it looks amazing, it really makes a big difference!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment