Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

HummingBird



A Moment in time was my theme, and I picked a scratch board and repetition for my project. I have never used a scratch board for art but I had a lot of fun doing it! At first I thought I would do the Humming bird with water color and color pencil to capture the colors and lighting, but then I decided it would be fun to try a form of art that is new to me. I wasn’t sure what theme I was going to do, but as I was reading through the list a moment in time stood out to me. When I went to Indiana this year my dad was taking pictures of hummingbirds and I thought it would be cool to try as well, and it was really hard! The camera wanted to focus on everything but the little bird flapping quickly around so I thought this picture did a great job representing a moment that was captured in time. I really like how it turned out, but I don’t know if I should continue and fill the rest of the space up with something. The more I look at it the more it bothers me that there is nothing in that whole dark space to the right of the bird, but I think I am just going to let it go for now. I can always go back and change it if I want! I chose repetition because of the repeated stroke pattern that was all throughout my picture. It took a lot of patience to get my final to look the way it does, which was a little frustrating at times but really fun to work with! I am so glad I tried something new, it was cool to try the scratch board, haven’t used those things since 3rd grade!! Some challenges I ran into was that I would scratch off too much color and then the sections wouldn’t have any texture. So by going slower and planning things out better I successfully made a hummingbird with lots of texture.




No comments:

Post a Comment