Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pets #8




Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
I learned how to use the skill of layering. Looking around the room at people whose pet portraits looked amazing, when asked they all said that they went from light to dark, used soft strokes and spent a lot of time. When I normally do projects I go way to fast and don’t focus enough on the little things that matter like lighting and shading darker areas. So for this portrait I made sure that I took my time on things like the lighting and used lighter strokes and focused on the light colors before the darks. One mistake I made was colored over where the whiskers were and I had the problem where you couldn’t see them. I used lavender to color over the cat fur so the whiskers would be visible.
Did you ask another student for feedback during your work process?
Hannah helped me with this project! She is amazing at prism colors and helped me understand what I needed to do to take this project to another level. By pointing out that I needed to fill in all the white spaces on the cats face it created a more full appearance.  Mrs. Rossi pointed out that the cat needed longer hair. By making longer strokes  I created a fluffier looking kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment