Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Mechanical Wolf





Did someone help you understand important information or inspire you?
I was reviewing my portfolio with my dad and I thought about my strengths and weakness as an artist. Overall, I think I do a better job with a pen than with a brush. I really thought hard about what I wanted to accomplish through my art and decided it was design through pen and ink, not oil and acrylic. Although I completely enjoyed painting, I need to work on my style and how I complete a piece because my oil paintings need some help :-) So I decided to change my concentration to mechanical animals. Since I really like working with pen and ink and had so much fun on my sea turtle project; (mechanical) I decided to change my concentration to something that I was confident in and had a lot of fun with.  
Did you try something that you weren’t sure about as part of this project?
Something I tried as an artist that I wasn’t really sure about was darkening up corners and adding cross hatching and stippling. Overall, there wasn’t much stippling going on but a lot of cross hatching in the dark corners. Since the sea turtle project didn’t have a lot of mechanical parts to it, I had to get a little creative. The shell protected the inner region of the turtle, so I didn’t have to fill the whole outside. But since the wolf is covered with fur I thought it was essential to completely fill the outside of the wolf with mechanical pieces to convey what I was intending to represent, an entirely mechanical wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment