Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2015

AP art



I have really grown as an artist over the past 4 years at Apex. Looking back at my previous art work and seeing how I have grown as an artist is pretty exciting. Ever since I heard that Apex had AP art it was a big goal of mine to take this class. I knew I would be challenged and I wanted to see what I could do by the end of this class. I have enjoyed all the other artist I have been able to rub elbows with and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have been given.

In art one I would do art pieces pretty fast but over time I slowed down and took more time so in AP art I had to learn how to speed up again.  With the pressure to complete 24 pieces by the end of the year I think I did a good job and got it the art done. I really hope more students in the future will want to take this class, we have a great teacher and there are so many talented students at Apex to be inspired by.


What is the central idea of your concentration?
The central idea I tried to use in my concentration is mechanical animals. I made the animals come to life by overlaying mechanical patterns upon them. Since I love animals, I wanted to present them in a new way. This approach was challenging at first, but now it comes naturally and mechanically to me. I study the shape of the animal and imagine what sort of shapes would best fit.
How does the work in your concentration demonstrate the exploration of your idea? You may refer to specific images as examples. When referencing specific images, please indicate the image numbers.
Initially, when creating the animals I wasn’t sure how to incorporate their body type with the mechanical pieces. With piece number three (Rhino), I was challenged by the shape I had to focus more on the dimensions not the texture. For project number 9 (Sea Horse), I focused on the contour of the body and detailing sections of the body. The mechanical aspect shone through really well. Project 12 (Giraffe), allowed me to incorporate the natural skin with the mechanical parts which was a natural fit with the mechanical pieces.








This is a water color project I did by my self and I think the shadows showed how well I improved, before this my drawling didn't have good shadows.

This was my first painting project from art one and I think it shows how much I have grown as an artist over the years.


I grew as a student throughout ap art, this was my last oil piece and  I think I did a great job with the composition and with the way I used the oils,

No comments:

Post a Comment