Translate

Monday, December 1, 2014

Mechanical in nature

sketches

final sketch


Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?
I was looking through Pinterest for an idea and I saw this bird that resembled a zentagle with mechanical aspects like wires, screws and metal plates on it. I really liked the composition and wanted my sea turtle to resemble a close, mesh of metal and wires look. With some practice, I was happy with the outcome. I was inspired by some zentangle pieces and nuts and bolts; it really fit how I wanted the sea turtle to end up. I feel even though I was inspired by something else, my piece was pretty original, I haven’t seen anything that looks quite like it!
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
Since I felt pretty confident with pen and ink, I thought I wouldn’t learn any new skills. I was wrong! Stippling and crosshatching were a big part of this project, helping me accomplish the look I wanted from this piece. Over all I felt that I didn’t learn too many skills; just some brush up on past techniques and skills that were getting rusty.
How is this artwork about who you are or what you like?
This artwork really shows off my technique and style as an artist.  I really like to doodle and sketch stuff, not sit down with a palate and start painting! I feel like I have more control and have to focus on things more carefully, I can’t erase pen so I have to be more careful to what I add to my art and how it changes the outcome.



final

No comments:

Post a Comment